Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Expect a Miracle

I have come to expect miracles. The Power that raised Jesus from the dead lives inside of me and He is operating in miraculous ways inside and outside of me. I love watching God’s providence unfold before my very eyes in my daily life. As I live this beautiful and glorious life that comes from loving Him above all else, I often want to kick myself for the wasted years spent loving Germaine just way too much. But we won’t go there…it’s not pretty. I was obsessed with me and all that made me feel good and what I wanted. I ebbed and flowed through highs and lows always searching for that next high and loathing the lows. Neither had the true eternal meaning that filled my soul.

I am working through a Bible study that has 5 tenets as the foundation. The first 2 are: God is who He says He is and God will do what He says He will do. I have come to believe these 2 statements with all my heart. And that is primarily because my faith grows simply because God is so faithful.

Last Sunday, I was making my normal 2.5 daily trek through the woods…IPod in my ears and a 5 lb weight in each hand. The leaves had begun to fall and I slipped down a hill twisting my ankle really bad. I continued on. As I meditated and prayed, the pain did not seem so bad. However, when I got home, it had swelled and bruised quite nicely. Within several hours, it was very ugly. The next morning, I came to work and God brought Matthew 9:29 to mind from my Bible study the night before…”According to your faith it will be done to you.” I taped it to my ankle and believed my faith would heal me. I was texting Derek and telling him what I was doing. He just shook his head and said something about me being strange. (I get that a lot.) I asked him if he truly thought God’s Word was living and he said yes. Then I asked him if he believed if it was alive that it had the power to seep into my skin and heal me. Once again, he said yes. The next day, there was almost no indication of my fall. Bruising and swelling was gone.

God was not done. I have been arguing for months about a bill that I did to feel I should pay. On Thursday, I got a refund check and on Friday I received an e-mail saying they cut the bill in half. The check and bill were within $1 of each other. God provides. God is faithful. God is always by my side.

He very often does big, extraordinary things to encourage me in my faith. I am so grateful that He loves me enough to take such good care of me. I am also watching Him work in my life as He is transforming me through a process that is nothing short of a miracle. I have baggage I’ve carried with me since grade school. Yes, that long. I have poured over Scripture, been on my knees and have simply worn out the Throne regarding sin that I want out of my life. Nothing was working. I often felt defeated. I often got tired of the fight. But through His divine ordination of events, books, prayer and Scripture. I am feeling a revolution about to unfold. I am feeling free. I have laid claim to His promises and have chosen not to let go until I’m free from bondage. As I write, I am toward the end of a very specific process that is about to transform me into an even newer creation with a purer heart and cleaner hands. I can’t wait to get there. Stayed tuned.

No comments: